Yoghurt & pecan picnic slice
- 2 medium eggs
- 250g Clandeboye Natural Yoghurt
- 1 TBSP good quality vanilla essence
- 250g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, broken into pieces
- 6 TBSP light, neutral tasting oil
- 50g pecan nuts, broken into pieces
- Pinch of salt
- This is a ‘wet-into-dry’ bake that comes together in minutes. Place the eggs, oil, vanilla essence and bananas into the bowl of a food processor for 15-20 seconds (until reasonably smooth).
- Weigh the flour and sugar into another bowl. Stir until well combined, using your hands to break up any little clumps of sugar.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Add the batter mix to the dry ingredients and fold in until well mixed.
- Spoon the batter into a baking dish that’s lined with baking parchment and bake at 170C for about 35-40 minutes – until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
Share This Recipe
Twists on classic dishes all crafted with Clandeboye Estate Yoghurt.