Lemon-Yoghurt Chicken Skewers Greek Tzatziki Bowls
For the Skewers
- 2 large chicken breasts, each cut into 8-10 bite-size chunks
- 6 heaped TBSP Clandeboye Natural Yoghurt
- 1 heaped teaspoon paprika
- 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried oregano (or mixed herbs)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper, to season
For the Tzatziki
- 2-3 TBSP natural yogurt per person
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber washed, grated and moisture squeezed out
- Salt & pepper, to season
For the Bowls
- 1 x 450g pack of pre-cooked Quinoa (either white, red or a mix)
- 2 handfuls of rocket or mixed baby leaves
- 10-12 baby tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and cut into slices (or small chunks)
- 6 olives per person
- 2-3 TBSP crumbled feta
- 1 TBSP olive oil and 1 TBSP of your favourite vinegar
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, stir until combined. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Leave to marinade for at least an hour.
- Put 4-5 chunks of chicken on wooden skewers. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and saute the chicken skewers until they start to char slightly, turn over and do the same on the other side
- Put the skewers in an oven heated to 200C for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, assemble the Salad bowl ingredients in a shallow bowl and drizzle over the dressing.
- When the chicken skewers are cooked, put them on top of the salad with a couple of TBSPs of Tzatziki on the side. Crumble over the feta cheese.
- Additional serving suggestions: Scatter with finely chopped spring onions, chopped red chillies, toasted pine nuts and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Share This Recipe
Twists on classic dishes all crafted with Clandeboye Estate Yoghurt.