Best Ever Brownie Recipe & Clandeboye Brownie Trifle Pots
- 200 g quality dark chocolate (70%)
- 80 g quality cocoa powder
- 85 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Clandeboye Madagascan Vanilla Greek Style Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Line a 24cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Snap the chocolate into a large bowl, add the butter and place over a pan of simmering water, until melted, stirring regularly.
- Put the cocoa powder and flour into a separate bowl, add the baking powder and sugar, then mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and stir together well.
- Beat the eggs, then mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tin, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don’t want a skewer to come out clean – the brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.
- To make the brownie trifle pots: You need one small square of leftover brownie per person.
- Get some small glass jars or glasses and layer up Clandeboye Vanilla yoghurt, crumbled brownie and raspberries. If you want to really push the boat out, add a few drops of Kirsch to the brownies!
- Top with a raspberry and a sprig of mint.
Share This Recipe
Twists on classic dishes all crafted with Clandeboye Estate Yoghurt.